Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Our First Night in Athens!

We arrived back in Athens on May 30th.... after a very long ferry ride and very little sleep!  We spent the morning sleeping at julianna's and then as you can see, the most important part of the evening back in Athens was the ice cream!!!  Ok so not really, I would have to say it was being able to spend time with my dear Julianna.  It's been so long since i have seen her and all the other members in Greece!  I was in absolute heaven....  I hadn't been so happy in a long time.  I don't know what it is about the big dirty city of Athens that brings so much joy into my life!!!  I guess maybe it's about the people who live there and the fact that I truly came to know my saviour while I was there.  I can't describe the amounts of joy I feel when I am there.  I just feel so at ease and full of joy!



As you can see, we are big huge fans of Ice Cream!!!  Julianna was a really good sport!  She was freezing though and really tired by the end of the night!  I have to say I miss her so much and wish there was something more I could do to help her out.  She's so amazing and I hope she knows that!  I loved seeing her and being able to spend a bit of time with her....
This is the server at the restaurant we ate at!  It was just fun and games and he was really nice so I asked for a picture!
This is the three of us just waiting to get our dinner.  We had delicious greek yuros!  I love them so much.  And it's so sad but nowhere in the world can make them quite the same as the ones in Greece!!!  If you ever make it over that way one of the things you must try are Greek yuros.... Don't worry they are super cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment