Monday, December 31, 2012

Day 3 -- May 14, 2012 -- A Rainy day in London...

It seems as though we slept pretty darn fantastic almost every single night of the trip except a few...  because we were always soooo tired from the day's adventures...  Our third day we just ran from place to place it seemed in London trying to see everything we could knowing full well we would be catching the train to Scotland that evening.

We woke up to our first day of rain...  (I must say that the weather for the most part cooperated extremely well for us) but we tried not to let that put a damper on our day.  We started out in hopes of seeing inside St. Paul's Cathedral.  On a normal day they allow you inside and you are able to climb the stairs of the big dome.  Unknown to us though they were having some sort of performance or something inside so we were not able to get inside the building.  It was pretty cool just from the outside though.  =)

There she be...

Racheal & I in front of the Cathedral

A cute little alley near the Cathedral...  You just don't see things like this in Logan, UT!


More of the Cathedral...

After being a bit bummed that we would not be able to get inside... we decided to go check out the London Bridge Experience....  It is this "haunted" experience where they take you down under the London Bridge...  It was interesting.  There was kind of an educational part which was cool and then there was a scary part that wasn't really all that scary.   They had people with chain saws and things that tried to scare you.  Kinda like a haunted forest or something of the sort.

They would not allow us to take pictures inside so this is all we got...





We then headed over to see the "Tower of London"   That was pretty cool!  We were able to see some of the Crown Jewels Collection.   It's pretty crazy what kind of Jewelry the Queen has available to her and what the Royalty had in the past...  While we were there, there were some actors who put on a little play and I ended up being the woman that one of the men was cheating on his wife with...  Kinda fun to be involved although not so thrilled when I found out my role.  =)  We didn't have loads of time to explore because I had made plans to meet back up with Kadija but we definitely took plenty of pictures!!!

Pretty darn AMAZING!!!

It's crazy how they pack so many HUGE buildings into one city!  =)

The kind guard...  letting people in to the Tower of London


The Crown Jewels were inside...  =)


Love this Picture!!!

I just found out my ROLE!!!

After the tower of London we headed to meet up with Kadija...  we explored a bit of the city with her including a ride on the London Eye.  To be completely honest, I'm not sure I'd spend my money on it again but it was cool to do it the one time!   The views were pretty amazing but it cost a pretty penny!

Eating Lunch @ a Pub with Kadija...  I think she just had dessert!

A cool street that had a great photo op!

The other side of the cool street!

Before going in to see the 4D experience movie they showed before riding the London Eye.

A view from inside the London Eye!
One of my favorites showing "the view"

Kadija & I above the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben

Yep...  we rode that thing!

Saying goodbye to my sweet Kadija!

Wasting time before heading to the train station to catch the night train to Scotland!!!


I couldn't resist taking a picture on GREEK Street!

I almost bought this for Mandy then I was too cheap!  Actually I wasn't sure if she'd be offended or not!

This was a food shop where we ordered milkshakes!  I loved the sign... they even let me behind the counter to take this photo.  It reads...  As a Courtesy to Others...  Please eat with your mouth closed!

Another fun sign @ the restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment